Ever wondered why a female announces pregnancy to her partner saying “We are pregnant”, instead of “I am pregnant”. Be it the morning sickness or the cramps in the legs, a couple faces these moments together and gears up for the times ahead. When such is the case, how are women held responsible in case of failed conception? There are bright chances that her husband has some fertility issues which need to be treated. Thus the need arises for a male infertility clinic.
What is Male Infertility?
The condition where a male is not able to make a fertile woman pregnant is called male infertility. It has been found that in one-third of the cases related to infertility, the issue was with the male partner.
Reasons behind Male Infertility
Visiting the best IVF Clinic in Delhi or Male Infertility Clinic for getting the treatment of male infertility done should be the top priority to find out the reasons behind the case, which can be:
- Varicocele: When the veins around scrotum get enlarged. It can lead to low sperm production and sperm quality.
- Infection: Infections like gonorrhoea, HIV, or inflammation of testicles or epididmysis can cause scars which might block the passage of the sperms thus resulting in infertility.
- Tumors: Cancerous growth can affect the male reproductive organs and getting surgery or chemotherapy might help.
- A problem in ejaculation: Surgery of bladder, prostate or urethra, diabetes or spinal injuries can result in the semen entering the bladder during orgasm instead of coming out from the penis thus causing retrograde ejaculation.
- Hormonal imbalance: Low testosterone levels or abnormalities which affect pituitary, thyroid, or adrenal glands can be the reason behind male infertility.
- Chromosomal Defects: Cystic fibrosis, Kallmann’s Syndrome, Klinefelter’s Syndrome, and Kartagener’s Syndrome can be the reasons for infertility in men.
- Painful intercourse: Erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation or pain during intercourse in addition to the emotional detachment from the partner can cause male infertility.
- Lifestyle: Excessive use of drugs, alcohol, and smoke can cause damage to the male reproductive system. Overweight and emotional stress also results in decreased sperm quality.
What qualifies for the best Male Infertility Clinic?
- Counselling by the doctor: The doctor must counsel and guide the patient to change his lifestyle and quit harmful practices like smoking and drinking.
- IUI: Intrauterine Insemination means gathering of healthy sperms and putting them in the uterus.
- Hormone therapy or medications: At times the hormonal imbalances can be corrected by giving medicines that alter the level of hormones.
- Using donor sperm: Your doctor can advise you to use donor sperm for fertilization with the woman’s egg is nothing seems to work.
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI): IVF with ICSI is whereby one healthy sperm is injected into the egg for fertilization to produce an embryo that is planted in the uterus.
- Vasectomy reversal: It will help to produce healthy and balanced sperms in the semen.
Visiting the best IVF Clinic in Delhi for getting male infertility treated is important to become a father. Don’t hesitate and let your IVF specialist do the rest.