Endometriosis Treatment in Delhi, India
Endometriosis is a condition in which the tissue that normally lines the uterine wall tends to grow outside the uterus in the area of the lower abdomen. Although it is usually non-malignant, endometrial growth outside the uterus can affect the functioning of ovaries and fallopian tubes, leading to infertility.
Women with low grade endometriosis do not generally face problems in conceiving. In women with severe endometriosis, infertility results from the damage inflicted by the endometrial tissue on the reproductive organs. Endometriosis also leads to abnormally high levels of estrogen, which affects fertility.
Symptoms that you may have endometriosis
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Pain in the pelvic area or lower back
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Spotting between periods
- Unexplained fatigue
- Pain and discomfort during urination or passing of stool
- Inability to conceive despite regular, unprotected intercourse
Do note that severity of symptoms varies for each woman.
Endometriosis Treatment by Dr. Manika Khanna
Ace infertility specialist Dr. Manika Khanna has successfully treated numerous cases of endometriosis related infertility. Her experience in endometriosis treatment spans nearly two decades and has benefitted endometriosis and infertility patients from around the world.
A landmark case that deserves special mention is of a patient with Stage III Endometriosis treated successfully by Dr. Manika Khanna and her team:
When she first came to Gaudium IVF, 29-year-old Yasmeen was married for over 8 years and had never conceived before. Her investigations showed 3*3 cm intramural fibroid along with stage 3 endometriosis. She had had laparoscopic surgery twice earlier but unfortunately each time her endometriosis had returned. At Gaudium, she was diagnosed with 6-8 cm endometriotic cyst on both sides. Based on her medical history, Dr. Khanna and her team decided against surgical intervention and placed the patient on a single dose Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone (GnRH) analogue after which IVF was done. The patient conceived in the very first IVF attempt and delivered a healthy child at Gaudium.
The treatment of endometriosis varies for each patient and depends on the severity of the condition, the patient’s medical and reproductive history, and the goal of treatment.
- For mild endometriosis, the first line of treatment is to restore hormonal balance through medication
- Laparoscopic surgery is advised for patients with mild to moderate endometrial growth for removal of scar tissue
- In severe (stage IV) endometriosis which has no other recourse, a laparoscopic hysterectomy (uterus removal surgery) may be done. This is rare and is generally opted for by patients who have already had children.
Suspect that you have endometriosis or need a second opinion about endometriosis treatment? To request a consultation or an independent second opinion, please call +91-11-48 85 85 85 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org