Infertility is now more common than you might think. It affects one in every 6 couples and researchers estimate about 1 in every 3 cases is due to fertility problems in male partners alone.
While infertility is not always treatable, there are some things you can do to boost your chances of conceiving. One of the important factors in ensuring male fertility is sperm count. The number of childless couples & statistics of male infertility is increasing at a faster pace. It requires attention to the question about the ways to increase the sperm count. Causes of infertility also include factors like poor nutrition, pollutants such as smoking, environmental chemicals, and poor detoxification processes by the body. Fertility can sometimes be improved with a healthy diet, supplements, and other lifestyle strategies. Consuming healthy foods is one of the best and natural ways of increasing sperm count in males.
Here is a list suggested by Gaudium IVF of healthy foods that may help in increasing the sperm count in a male:
1. Dark Chocolate: It is a rich source of amino acid L-arginine. The cocoa present in the dark chocolates makes it a good source of antioxidants. It acts as a very good natural source of increasing sperm count.
2. Spinach: Green leafy vegetables are considered to have many health benefits. Spinach that is rich in folic acid may help in the development of sperm and help in increasing sperm production in the male.
3. Walnuts: Most people know the benefits of walnuts for the brain. But it also contributes to increasing the sperm count in males. according to a study eating around 75g of walnuts daily is linked with sperm vitality, motility, and morphology. As they are very rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
4. Pomegranates: Pomegranates have long been considered a superfood due to their high antioxidant content, which helps in enhancing the quality of sperm production and increasing the levels of sperm in males.
5. Banana: Another great choice for increasing the production of sperm in males. Banana, being rich in magnesium, Vitamin B1, and Vitamin C helps in increasing the sperm count and also aids in enhancing sperm mobility. Banana also contains Bromelain, which is a rare enzyme that helps in giving a boost to sperm count.
6. Eggs: Considered to be an effective food for healthy sperm. Eggs help in protecting the sperm and double the chances of fertilization. Being rich in protein and Vitamin E, eggs help in improving sperm mobility in males.
7. Get enough vitamin C: some evidence indicates that taking antioxidant supplements such as Vitamin C, may improve fertility.
Oxidative stress is when levels of reactive oxygen species reach harmful levels in the body. There’s also some evidence that suggests that oxidative stress and excessive levels of ROS may lead to infertility in men.
8. Get enough vitamin D: vitamin D can be important for male and female fertility. It is another nutrient that may boost testosterone levels.
9. Pumpkin Seeds: you can consider adding pumpkin seeds to your diet. They are high in zinc which plays an important role in sperm development and testosterone production also being rich in amino acids, phytosterols, and antioxidants help in increasing not only the sperm count but also the mobility of the sperms.
10. Carrot : Carrot is one of the natural foods to increase sperm motility. As carrots contain beta-carotene, which is an antioxidant, it helps in ensuring healthy sperm and increasing the sperm count.
11. Asparagus: Asparagus is a food that is rich in Vitamin C and helps in protecting the sperm from free radicals. It also helps in improving the volume of sperm in males.
12. Lentils: lentils are one of the richest food sources of folate which is just as important for male fertility as it is for females. It has been found that men who have a lower intake of folate from their diet have higher rates of chromosomal abnormalities in their sperm.
Other important tips:
Many things can help boost fertility but what works for you depends on the cause of your fertility issues.
Lead a healthy lifestyle. An unhealthy or sedentary lifestyle impairs your overall health, including fertility.
Limit your alcohol intake and smoking.
Relax and minimize the stress: prolonged stress raises levels of cortisol, which has strong negative effects on testosterone.
Original Content Source: https://bit.ly/WaystoBoostMaleFertility