The role of technology in IVF Treatment cannot be ignored. When the fertilization of the egg with sperm has to take place in the laboratory, it is imperative for the technology used to be modern, advanced, and updated so that the chances of a successful pregnancy are high.
The Best IVF Centre in Delhi is the one that will be well equipped with the latest technology, and the doctors shall be well versed in its application.
Advanced Technology and IVF
Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) is used for the treatment of infertility in both males and females. The two common types of ART are:
- IVF (In Vitro Fertilization): Sperm is added to the eggs to let them fertilize
- ICSI(Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection): A single sperm is injected into each egg by using a microscopic needle
The Role of Technology in IVF
- Hysteroscopy: This is done in IVF Clinics to monitor endometrium by inserting a hysteroscope in the patient’s vagina. This helps in finding out any abnormality in the uterus.
- Ultrasonography: Also termed ultrasound, it helps in developing the images which are useful in identifying the stage of ovum development and progress of pregnancy among other functionality. 3D images of the anatomical structure can be seen through Doppler ultrasound. GE LOGIC (U11) series are the latest used in ultrasound these days.
- Vaginal ultrasound: It is done to examine the growth of follicles in the ovaries.
- Egg retrieval: It happens through transvaginal ultrasound aspiration in which eggs are retrieved by inserting a thin needle in the ultrasound probe to go into the follicles through the vagina.
- Sperm retrieval: Testicular aspiration can be used in which a needle is inserted directly into the testicles to extract sperm.
- Cryopreservation by Vitrification: It means freezing the eggs, sperm, and embryo by using high technology so that no damage is incurred to the cells
- Specialized embryo incubators, powerful microscopes, and IVF micro-tools: This is needed for the embryo to grow and develop. The kind of apparatus used and how they have been used have a considerable impact on the development of the embryo. Time-lapse photography incubators should be used in the IVF laboratory.
- Air filtration system: Contaminants and impurities can have grave consequences on the development of the embryo. Charcoal and high-efficiency particulate filters should be used in the lab’s heating, ventilating, and cooling units.
- Light and temperature control: As the embryo develops, sensitivity to light and temperature enhances. The lab should be well equipped to monitor and regulate such changes.
IVF Clinic which has an in-house well-established laboratory where the latest technology is used should be visited to enhance the chances of a successful pregnancy.