IVF Treatment has picked up momentum in recent times owing to the increasing number of infertility cases in men and women. Late marriages, differences in opinion regarding starting the family post marriage, changes in the hormonal system, and work stress account for some of the general reasons behind infertility.
By the time the couples realize that having a baby is more of a necessity, it gets too late, and visiting the best IVF clinic in Delhi to get infertility treatment done remains the only viable option.
What is IVF?
In Vitro Fertilization is the process whereby the fertilization of the egg and the sperm happens outside the uterus, and the grown embryo is later transplanted in the womb of the female, which is thus followed by regular gestation period and delivery.
What are the advantages of IVF?
- Miracle: IVF is nothing less than a miracle for couples who have been longing for having their baby but haven’t been able to because of:
- Blocked tubes
- Patients wishing to conceive at an older age
- Male infertility
- Early menopause in women
- Tried and tested:
The first IVF baby was born in 1978, and since then the technology and medical science has advanced thus making IVF a tried and tested the formula
- Single women and same-sex couples can become parents: What might have sounded unreal, IVF treatment has made that real. Single women and same-sex couples who wish to have a baby can opt for IVF treatment and fulfill their desire.
- Cure to fertilization problems: People might not be ready to accept that there is some fertility issue until it gets diagnosed. IVF treatment can help in uncovering such problems so that treatment can begin at the earliest.
- Unused embryos can be donated: There might be couples who are lucky to have spare embryos. With due permission, these embryos can be used for those patients who haven’t been able to conceive.
- Genetic screening of embryos is possible: With IVF Treatment screening of genetic disorders like Huntington’s disease, Down’s syndrome, etc. is possible so that the chances of successful outcome increase.
Disadvantages of IVF
- Patients undergo emotional trauma: There might be instances where more than one cycle of IVF has to be undertaken. This causes emotional /psychological trauma in the patients.
- Chance of multiple pregnancies increases: With multiple pregnancy chances of premature labor, miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant problems rise. So IVF clinics must avoid such risky transfers.
- Side effects of IVF Treatment:
- OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome) is the biggest risk of IVF.
- High oestrogen levels can result in babies born prematurely having a low birth weight
- Ethical problems: Some people might not be comfortable with the idea of selecting some embryos and discarding others.
- Expensive treatment: IVF treatment is not a cheap one and can dig a hole in your pocket if you are not financially sound. Be very sure of the expenses before getting the treatment started.
A coin has two sides so does IVF treatment. But its pros are higher than its cons, which gives a ray of hope to the ailing couples. Visit the best IVF Centre in Delhi to turn your dreams into reality.