Infertility is a common issue but its causes are diverse. Medical complications in any or both of the partners could be responsible for it. But surprisingly, environmental and behavioral factors hinder fertility in a very large number of cases. Stress is one of the key concerns for infertile couples because it is hard to identify and harder to treat. It is like an invisible enemy, a vicious cycle that has a cause and effect relationship with infertility. Moreover, it has also been proved to interfere with the success of IUI and IVF treatment cycles. IVF clinic in Delhi consider it as a major hindrance to their success rate.
At the same time, it is important to realize that stress is a beatable issue. Couples need to be prepared to encounter and overcome it to achieve success with natural or assisted conception. The role of an IVF specialists in Delhi is significant too as she can counsel them to deal with IVF and infertility-related stress. Let us understand more about the vicious cycle of stress and infertility.
Stress Induced Reproductive Dysfunction: Myth or Reality
IVF centres in Delhi believe that identification of the exact cause of infertility is the first step of dealing with it. Tubal blockage, ovulation issues, endometriosis, PCOS and uterine deformities are some of the most common causes of female infertility. On the other hand, male infertility is usually caused by issues related to sperm count, quality and transportation. There are standard diagnostic test used by IVF specialists in Delhi to identify these issues and then start treatment. But stress is a problem that lurks behind the walls, which makes it a challenge for the patients as well as doctors.
Stress induced reproductive dysfunction, as the name suggests, is the inability to conceive because of stress. The problem is widespread yet there is no definitive way to prove that it exists and to what extent it affects fertility. Whether it is a myth or reality is a matter of debate. However, the IVF centers in Delhi explain this condition in terms of function of reproductive hormones in men and women.
Like the human reproductive function, stress levels in human body too are governed by hormones. Elevated stress is accompanied by increase in the levels of stress-hormones, namely adrenaline and cortisol. This upsets the release of GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone), the hormone responsible for releasing the reproductive hormones. As a result, there is a negative impact on reproductive functions such as ovulation in women and sperm production in men. In this way, stress not only causes short-term infertility but can even cause atrophy of reproductive organs in extreme cases.
Stress induced reproductive dysfunction, is therefore, a real enemy that needs to be dealt with to preserve long-term fertility. Couples trying to conceive naturally or with IVF treatment should take stress very seriously as it affects their chances considerably. Stress, according to IVF specialists in Delhi, is an equally big challenge post-conception too as it can affect fetal health adversely. Overall, infertility is like a trigger response to stress; the body realizes that it will not be able to host a healthy pregnancy if it is stressed out. Stress and infertility, therefore, form a vicious cycle. Infertility results in stress and stress prevents conception, leading to infertility. It is vital to understand this cycle to deal with the problem and treat it successfully.
Dealing with Stress-Related Infertility
Treatment of infertility caused by stress is a challenge but it is not an insurmountable one. Stress does not confine itself to the inability to conceive. It extends to all that a patient goes through an IVF treatment cycle; from the complications of hormonal therapy to the pain, the financial burden and the uncertainty that is involved. The couple needs to understand that they need inner strength to cope with it. The IVF centers in Delhi have to provide the much-needed counseling and support to help them break this vicious cycle. Here are some tips that can help the couples beat the stress:
- The patients should come to terms with the fact that their stress is real. Recognizing it as a problem is important to find a solution. Opening up with each other and their IVF specialists in Delhi would give them the strength to resolve it.
- Adopting a healthy lifestyle can make all the difference. The patient should eat healthy and keep fit to prepare her body and mind to beat the anxiety. Incorporating some relaxation strategies such as yoga, meditation and massage therapy helps too.
- Another way to counter stress-related infertility is to join some support groups. Here, the patients can meet real people with similar problems and exchange mutual experiences. These people actually know what the others are going through, failing to conceive month after month for no known reason. Most IVF specialists in Delhi have such support groups where patients can interact with each other.
- Leaving it to nature sometimes makes it simple for couples battling infertility. They should just relax and enjoy being with each other instead of trying too hard. Scientific studies have shown that the chances of successful natural or IVF treatment pregnancies are high at the time when a couple is happy and relaxed.
- Avoiding stress triggers is important too. Stressful work projects are triggers for some while other may feel pressurized while attending events like baby showers. It is better to take it easy and lay off such activities.
Stress is probably the culprit for undiagnosed male or female infertility, when tests show no medical complications. The best way to cope up is to seek expert help from a clinic that not only offers treatment but support too. Having IVF specialists in Delhi who understands can make all the difference and help patients beat the stress in an effective manner.
Gaudium IVF is one of the best IVF clinics where patients get comprehensive infertility treatment and gynecological care along with expert
t counseling and support.
Contact here for free second opinion from Dr Manika Khanna, the award-winning infertility specialist from Delhi.