Pregnancy is nothing short of a miracle, with each of the reproductive organs playing its part. It is like a fine artwork of nature as every step moves in synchronization to create the magic called life. One of the most significant steps of conception is the implantation of the embryo in the uterine lining. Whether the pregnancy is natural or assisted, its fate is decided by the ability of the embryo to implant itself in the uterus.
The role of the uterine (endometrial) lining is considered crucial by infertility centre in Delhi. The uterine lining is the tissue that lines the inner wall of the uterus. It is the actual site of implantation within the woman’s uterus and it must be healthy for conception to take place. For this reason, ivf specialists in Delhi regard endometrial issues as a major cause of female infertility. A woman trying to conceive or struggling with infertility, therefore, needs to look for ways to strengthen her uterine lining. A healthy uterine lining elevates her chances of conception.
Uterine Lining and Embryo Implantation
Conception takes place when the ready embryo travels down from the fallopian tubes to the uterus and implants itself therein. In the case of IVF pregnancy, the same has to happen after the embryo transfer is done. Implantation, therefore, is seen as the basis of conception by infertility centers in Delhi. Its success primarily depends on two factors- the quality of the embryo and the health of the endometrial lining. The latter is gauged in terms of the thickness of the lining so that it can support the embryo.
Before learning more about the health of the endometrium, it is important to understand the process of its growth. This is how infertility specialists in Delhi explain the process. Every month, the woman’s body gears up for her menstrual cycle. As the cycle begins, the endometrial wall starts th
ickening due to the action of the estrogen hormone. On average, the growth takes place at the rate of 1-2 mm every other day. By the time ovulation begins, it should have reached a healthy thickness of 8-13 mm. This thickness is considered ideal for embryo implantation. On the other hand, a thin uterine lining will fail to support the uterus and shed itself along with menstrual bleeding.
The role of endometrial lining in a healthy pregnancy can now be well understood. This is one parameter that infertility specialists in Delhi study in relation to female infertility and recurrent IVF failure. Before moving on with the treatment of the condition, it is important to understand the exact cause of the lining not reaching the desired thickness.
- The inadequacy of estrogen is the main reason why the uterine lining fails to reach the optimal thickness level. Estrogen facilitates the growth of the uterine lining by stimulating the blood flow in the area. Women of perimenopausal or menopausal age are prone to the condition as the estrogen levels decline naturally at this time. This is the main reason why women of advanced maternal experience female infertility.
- Infertility centers in Delhi see some other reasons of a compromised blood flow to the endometrial lining, which results in its adequacy. These include a sedentary lifestyle and medical conditions such as tilted uterus, fibroids and uterine arterial constriction.
- Poor health of the endometrial tissue is yet another reason for its failure to attain the desired thickness. The condition could be attributed to damage due to a sexually transmitted infection, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), genital tuberculosis, past surgery, and D & C.
- Infertility specialists in Delhi say that prolonged use of fertility medications also hampers the thickening of the uterine lining. Clomid, a medicine used for ovulation stimulation, is particularly notorious for interfering with estrogen functioning when used repeated in cycles.
- Similarly, extensive use of Progestin-based birth control is responsible for the thin uterine lining. It can even cause uterine atrophy, which is serious female infertility.
The Right Diet for Healthy Uterine Lining
Since estrogen dysfunction is the main cause of unhealthy uterine lining, hormonal therapy is seen as a feasible treatment option. However, infertility specialists in Delhi suggest some natural ways to resolve the problem. The best way is to eat a healthy diet that supports the growth of the endometrial lining naturally. The concept of the “fertility diet” revolves around the foods that promote it to maximize the chances of conception.
An ideal fertility diet comprises whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and foods rich in phytoestrogens. At the same time, infertility centers in Delhi recommend avoiding processed foods, trans fats, high-sodium foods, and processed sugar. Some of the foods that have a good reputation for supporting endometrial growth include beans and legumes, celery, cabbage, leafy greens, broccoli, flax and nuts, and seeds. Foods like soy that are too high in phytoestrogens should be taken in moderation too as they tend to upset the delicate hormonal balance.
In addition to eating right, there are some positive lifestyle changes that improve the health of the endometrial lining. Infertility centers in Delhi ask women to follow an active lifestyle as exercise improved blood flow to the uterus prior to conception. Those planning to take up an IUI and IVF treatment cycle need to put in extra efforts to promote healthy endometrial growth. If a woman has been taking fertility medication for a prolonged period, the specialist may recommend a fertility cleanse. The uterine lining is likely to be thin due to the effect of these medications. A fertility cleanse facilitates the removal of synthetic hormones from her system before proceeding with a fresh IVF cycle.
Gaudium IVF is a renowned infertility clinic where patients can avail advanced reproductive treatments and gynecological care at affordable costs. The clinic also offers counseling and support services for its patients.
Contact here for a free second opinion from Dr. Manika Khanna, the top infertility specialist in India.