What you eat will always show some effect on your body. Food helps in nourishing your body and optimizes your health. They also put a great impact on fertility too and a wrong dietary choice can make it hard for you to conceive. The conception period is really crucial and you have to be extremely careful of what goes into your body. Let us have a look at the food that needs to be avoided as per the best IVF doctors in India.
- Soy: People who don’t eat meat usually go with soy which is available in various forms of processed foods like soy protein, soybean oil, soy lecithin, and soy flour. It is very much harmful to you at the time of conceiving because of its high concentration of phytoestrogens.
- Low-fat dairy products: According to the experts at the best IVF centre in Delhi, women who take more than two serving of low-fat dairy products in a day have lesser chances of conceiving. Dairy products lead to failure in ovulation in women and thus causes infertility. Low-fat dairy products include- Milk, yogurt, cream and cheese etc.
- Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol is a big NO at the time of conception. Consumption of alcohol affects fertility in both men and women. It also puts negative impact on the liver which plays a key role in the production of sex hormones.
- Soft Drinks: Soft drinks lead to tooth decay, obesity, and even heart diseases. A single can of soft drink can contain about 10 teaspoons of sugar along with sulphites and some artificial colouring. All these are more than enough to bring hormonal imbalance and lead to infertility.
Some more cold food and drink that you should avoid at the time of conceiving:
- Fruits like bananas, watermelons, kiwis.
- Vegetables like tomatoes, mushrooms, lettuce.
- Sugar & Simple Carbohydrates
- Fish- Raw Sushi, Raw Shellfish etc.
If you have been taking any of the above mentioned food products, there is nothing to worry about since they are not going to affect during the initial stages. But it is advised that you should keep them off of your diet during your infertility treatments in Delhi, India