Hearing infertility from the doctor might bring your dreams crashing down, and you might think it is the end of the world for you. Why let such thoughts cripple you when infertility treatments are available at infertility treatment centers. Having a baby is the dream which a couple nurtures together and when complications surface, it can either be the husband or the wife who can get affected by it. Thus infertility treatment must be understood so that its treatment can begin for realizing the dream of carrying the baby.
What is infertility?
Infertility means the inability to produce a baby despite having unprotected sex for more than a year. There can be several reasons behind infertility in women and men which are related to lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits, obesity, and smoking.
Medical Reasons behind Infertility in Women
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- More than 35 years in age
- Fallopian tubes damage
- Pelvic diseases or sexually transmitted diseases
Medical Reasons behind Infertility in men are
- Low sperm count
- Abnormal shape and movement of the sperms
- Blockage which prevents semen from ejaculation
- Genetic factors
- Cystic fibrosis
It is a combination of both changes in lifestyle and medical treatment. Thus your doctor will analyze:
- Your general health to ensure that you don’t suffer from any major illness.
- What are your sexual preferences?
- How frequently do you have intercourse?
- Do you keep a track of the time of having intercourse? Having sex during ovulation enhances the chances of conception.
Infertility Treatment Clinic needs to be well equipped for the treatment of male and female infertility issues:
Male Infertility Treatment includes:
- Analysis of semen.
- Hormones testing is done to check the level of testosterone and other male hormones
- Treatment for premature ejaculation.
- Removing varicose veins in the scrotum.
- If there is a blockage in the ejaculatory duct, then sperms are surgically extracted from the testicles and injected in the egg for fertilization.
- In retrograde ejaculation, sperms are taken from the bladder and then injected in the egg.
- Removing blockage in epididymis through surgery.
- Scrotal ultrasound or vasography is performed to understand the condition.
Infertility Treatment for Women:
- Fertility drugs or hormones are given to women for regulating ovulation and restoring hormonal levels.
- Surgery might be conducted to remove the blockage in fallopian tubes.
- Ovulation tests are conducted to determine whether a woman is ovulating or not.
- Ovarian Reserve Testing helps to determine the number of eggs which are available for ovulation.
- Pelvic ultrasounds are conducted to check how healthy the uterus is.
- IUI, IVF or ICSI may be suggested by the doctor depending on your age and other complications that can’t be treated by medications.
- In some cases, the doctors might perform laparoscopy, which identifies scarring, blockages, irregularities in ovaries, and uterus.
Infertility Treatment means getting infertility rectified. Thus, earlier, the better should be the approach.